국제학교/어학연수 > UCLA, UC 버클리 앞으로 SAT,ACT 점수 반영 안한다.

본문 바로가기
  • FAQ
  • 현재접속자 (380)
  • 최신글

LOGIN

UCLA, UC 버클리 앞으로 SAT,ACT 점수 반영 안한다.

페이지 정보

작성자 StevenAcadem… 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 작성일20-05-28 08:32 조회1,586회 댓글0건
  • 목록
게시글 링크복사 : http://www.indoweb.org/476395

본문

University of California will end SAT and ACT requirement in admissions

UCLA, UC 버클리 앞으로 SAT,ACT 점수 반영 안한다.

The University of California Board of Directors announced May 21, a few days ago, that it will suspend the requirement for students to take the SAT I and ACT tests for this year and next year admissions, and for 2022 and 2023, it will not accept SAT I or ACT scores at all. It also announced that it will develop its own testing system by 2024 admissions year, and if it finds that its own test is insufficient to satisfy its internal requirements for testing, that it will cancel use of any standardized testing in its admissions. As the University of California school system is the single largest consumer of College Board tests, this is quite a shock to the struggling College Board non-profit company, the maker of SAT I, SAT II, AP, TOEFL and many other standardized tests. Many other colleges, in wake of the Covid-19 outbreak, have made similar cancellations of their use of SAT I and ACT scores in its admissions, but mostly for this year alone, so for current 11th graders applying to universities at the end of 2020 and into the beginning of 2021. The list of such other universities, which have so far cancelled their SAT I and ACT requirements given at end of this article, include Harvard, Cornell, Princeton, UPenn, Williams, Amherst, Tufts, Northeastern, and Boston University.

캘리포니아 대학 이사회는 5월 21일에 학생들이 올해와 내년 입학을 위해 SAT I 및 ACT 시험은 필수 조건은 아니며 2022 년과 2023년 대학입시에 SAT I 및 ACT는 받지 않겠다 라고 발표했습니다. 또한 2024 년까지 자체 시험 시스템을 개발할 것이라고 발표했으며, 자체 시험이 내부 요구 사항을 충족시키기에 불충분 한 것으로 판단되면 입학시 어떤 입학 시험의 사용을 취소할 수도 있다고 했다. 캘리포니아 대학 학교 시스템은 College Board 시험의 최대 소비자이므로, 이번발표는 College Board 비영리 회사 (SAT I, SAT II, ​​AP, TOEFL 및 기타 많은 대학입시 시험 제작자) 에게는 큰 충격입니다. Covid-19 발생 이후 많은 다른 대학들이 입학에 SAT I 및 ACT 점수를 제출 안해도 된다고 비슷한 발표를 했지만 대부분 올해입시에만 해당되는조건이고, 즉 2020 년 말에 대학에 지원하는 현재 11 학년 학생들에만 해당됍니다. 올해입시에는 SAT I 및 ACT 요건을 일부 취소 한 다른 대학의 목록에는 Harvard, Cornell, Princeton, U Penn, Williams, Amherst, Tufts, Northeastern Boston University가 포함입니다.

The problem with this policy is that such a change in testing requirements is not across the board, with some universities and colleges taking a wait-and-see approach, and with the University of California system of schools apparently having a different agenda making the testing requirement not applicable for the next four years. Some of the issues the UC system of schools are struggling with are a weak link between SAT I or ACT student performance with their academic performance once in college, the disparity of wealthy household students scoring better on average than students coming from financially poorer households, such a disparity along racial and ethnic lines too, the testing scandals and cheating on such standardized tests. Other universities have similar opinions the UC schools, but the announcement on May 21st by the UC Board of Directors is a crushing blow to College Board struggling with financial difficulties of having to cancel the recent May and June SAT tests. Of course, ACT Inc is in the same dire straits too.

이 정책의 문제점은 대학입시정책의 변경이 전반적으로 이루어지지 않으며 일부 대학은 그대로 입시정책을 유지하고 접근하는 방식을 취하고 있으며 캘리포니아 대학 학교 입시 시스템은 분명히 다른 대안를 사용하여 시험을 수행한다는 것이며, 향후 4 년간 캘리포니아대학입시에 어떤 변별력이 적용됄지 모른다는것입니다.이번 UC 대학교의 결정은 일부는 SAT I 또는 ACT 학생 성적이 대학에서 학업 성과와 약하게 연결되어 있다는 것, 인종 및 민족에 따른 불일치, 시험유출 스캔들 및 그러한 대학입시 시험에 대한 부정 행위등 다른 대학들도 UC 학교와 비슷한 의견을 가지고 있지만, UC 이사회가 5 월 21 일 발표 한 것은 최근 5 월과 6 월 SAT 시험을 취소해야하는 재정적 어려움으로 어려움을 겪고있는 College Board에 큰 타격을 주었습니다. 물론, ACT Inc도 마찬가지입니다.

Some of this reaction may merely be a negotiating tactic by the UC Board to force College Board to change its testing format to one the UC schools favor, something in the way that the Coalition Application, adopted by many all public universities and a few private universities, was formed to contest the dominance of the Common Application used by many top 50 universities. The Common Application had resisted the individual university requests to add and subtract this or that question in the application and had been charging quite a lot of service fees for the colleges to adopt its use. The success of such an attack on the Common Application Inc may be the thinking behind the attack on the College Board and ACT. The Covid-19 situation may just be the timing that gets change done.

이러한 변경할정책의 일부는 UC Board가 College Board에게 UC 학교가 선호하는 시험 형식으로 변경하도록 강요하는 전술 일 수 있고, 다른 모든 공립 대학과 소수의 사립 대학에서 Coalition Application (대학입시 대중 원서 형식)을 채택해서 Common Application의 우위를 놓고 경쟁하기 위해 사용하는것과 같은이유입니다 Common Application은 대학들의 불편함의 요청을 무시햇으며 대학이 비싼비용을 지불하고 잇엇습니다. Common Application Inc에 대한 대학들의 공격은 과 성공은 College Board 및 ACT회사를 길들이기위한 공격일수도 잇고. Covid-19 을 이용하여원하는 변화를 시도하고잇을수도 잇습니다

For students, however, admissions testing is still a clear and present issue with no clear way to avoid the challenge. The lack of a universal policy among all or most all universities to suspend SAT I and ACT testing for this year and beyond means that students will be forced to take the tests anyway, in order to apply to a band of universities possible in their admissions profile. One strategy may be to apply to University of California schools without sending SAT I or ACT scores, and then to apply to other universities with such scores sent and shown in the applications. For students who test badly in standardized tests but have comparatively good grades and GPA, this strategy may yield admissions to universities they didn't anticipate or would otherwise be accepted to in the usual circumstances.

그러나 학생들의 입학 시험은 여전히 확실하지않고 피할 수 있는 방법이 없다는것이 현재의 문제입니다. 올해 또는 그 이후에 SAT I 및 ACT 시험을 보지않을려면  대부분의 대학들이 보편적인 입시정책을 발표해야하는데 그렇게 하고 잇지않기때문에 학생들이 입학전형에서 원하는 대학들에 지원하기 위해 어쨌든 시험을 치러야 한다는 것을 의미합니다. 한 가지 전략은 SAT I 또는 ACT 점수를 보내지 않고 University of California 학교에 지원 한 다음 SAT1나 ACT 점수를 신청서에 적어 다른 대학교에 보내는 것입니다. 또한 SAT1이나 ACT에 좋은점수를 내지 못햇지만 우수한 GPA를 가진 학생들의 경우, 이번기회가 예상하지못햇던 좋은대학에  입학할 기회를 얻을수 있습니다.

Note: Sending ACT, SAT I, SAT II, AP scores to one University of California campus will avail those scores to ALL the UC campuses, so sending scores to only one UC campus is enough and will be shared by all other UC campuses.

참고 : 하나의 University of California 캠퍼스에 ACT, SAT I, SAT II, AP 점수를 보내면 해당 UC 점수가 모든 UC 캠퍼스에 제공되므로 한 UC 캠퍼스에만 점수를 보내는 것으로 충분하며 다른 모든 UC 캠퍼스에서 공유 할 수 있습니다.

Note 2: Read the last article here about how to use Score Choice, Score Withholding, and sending scores for ACT and TOEFL (if needed) about how best to send test scores.

참고 2 : 시험 점수를 가장 잘 보내는 방법에 대한 점수 선택, 점수 원천 징수 및 ACT 및 TOEFL 점수 (필요한 경우)를 보내는 방법에 대한 마지막 기사를 여기에서 읽으십시오.

Note 3: University of California CA (next 4 years, 2 years optional, 2 years after that none used, fifth year: own test or none), Harvard College MA (no SAT II, APs), Cornell University NY (No SAT or ACT starting Aug 2021), Princeton University NJ (SAT II not required), University of Pennsylvania PA (SAT II not required), Williams College MA (no SAT ACT 2021 enroll), Amherst College MA (no SAT ACT 2021 enroll), Tufts University MA (SAT ACT optional), Northeastern University MA (SAT ACT optional), Boston University MA (SAT ACT optional), Vassar College NY (SAT ACT optional), Pomona College CA (SAT ACT optional), Haverford College PA (SAT ACT optional for 3 years), Davidson College NC (SAT ACT optional for 3 years), Rhodes College TN (SAT ACT optional), University of Washington WA (SAT ACT optional), University of Oregon OR (SAT ACT optional), Oregon State University OR (SAT ACT optional), Scripps College CA (SAT ACT optional), Texas Christian University TX (SAT ACT optional), Trinity University TX (SAT ACT optional for 3 years), Tulane University LA (SAT ACT optional), Case Western Reserve OH (SAT ACT optional). Source for list above https://www.nytimes.com/article/sat-act-test-optional-colleges-coronavirus.html

참고 3 : University of California CA (다음 4 년, 2 년 선택, 2 년 후 사용 안함, 5 년 : 자체 테스트 또는 없음), Harvard College MA (SAT II AP 필수 아님), Cornell University NY (2021 년 8 월부터 SAT 또는 ACT 필수 아님), Princeton University NJ (SAT II 필수 아님), University of Pennsylvania PA (SAT II 필수 아님), Williams College MA (2021 년 등록을위한 SAT ACT 필수 아님), Amherst College MA (2021 년 등록을위한 SAT ACT 필수 아님), Tufts University MA (SAT ACT 옵션임), Northeastern University MA (SAT ACT 옵션인), Boston University MA (SAT ACT 옵션인), Vassar College NY (SAT ACT 옵션인), Pomona College CA (SAT ACT 옵션임), Haverford College PA (SAT ACT 3년간 옵션임), Davidson College NC (SAT ACT 3년간 옵션임), Rhodes College TN (SAT ACT 옵션임), University of Washington WA (SAT ACT 옵션임), University of Oregon OR (SAT ACT 옵션임), Oregon State University OR (SAT ACT 옵션임), Scripps College CA (SAT ACT 옵션임), Texas Christian University TX (SAT ACT 옵션임), Trinity University TX (SAT ACT 3년간 옵션임), Tulane University LA (SAT ACT 옵션임), Case Western Reserve OH (SAT ACT 옵션임). 

위 목록의 출처 https://www.nytimes.com/article/sat-act-test-optional-colleges-coronavirus.html

OZ8DHjpxLoQYyVzI7L_Mxrlon7BtJgNjytpSfekn

(Photo : US University Admissions Orientation in Korea)

Steven Huh is currently president of Steven Academy in San Francisco. He graduated from University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign as an English Literature major, taught at Daewon Foreign Language High School English expository writing, SAT I writing, SAT I Reading Comprehension, and served as its Director of College Counseling from 1998 to 2002. He also was president of Steven Academy in Seoul, Daechi-dong from 2003 to 2018. He is currently a member of NACAC (National Association of College Admission Counseling) and International ACAC (International Association of College Admission Counseling).

Homepage : www.stevenacademy.com

VOD  : www.onlinesteven.com 

Kakao Talk : http://pf.kakao.com/_wGrYl  

| tel. 415-918-6018 | Tue-Fri 12:00-20:00, Sat 10:00-18:00

frontoffice@stevenacademy.com

• 페이스북으로 보내기
  • 트위터로 보내기
  • 구글플러스로 보내기
  • 목록
국제학교/어학연수 목록
  • Total 1,087건 1 페이지
  • RSS
국제학교/어학연수 목록
번호 제목 글쓴이 날짜 조회
1087 <<명문대 재학생들의 학습자료 및 입시 노하우>> thekeepers 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 홈페이지 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 24-01-15 87
1086 롬복 마타람 대학교 BIPA 과정 외국인(한국인 포함) 수시 입… 엔나 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 23-12-22 143
1085 [설명회] 명문대 합격을 위한 입시 로드맵 (KST 2023.0… 폴아카데미 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 홈페이지 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 23-08-31 109
1084 [23년 5월 13일 ] 2024년 전기 특례 입시 설명회 첨부파일 베리타스컨설팅 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 23-05-02 237
1083 2023년 1월 베리타스 종합 입시 설명회 베리타스컨설팅 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 23-01-13 330
1082 2023년 12월 베리타스 종합 입시설명회 첨부파일 베리타스컨설팅 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 22-12-05 313
1081 바뀌기전 마지막 SAT 준비하기 MaxKim 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 홈페이지 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 22-11-17 600
1080 베리타스 11월 싱가포르 홍콩 유학 온라인 설명회 베리타스컨설팅 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 22-11-04 379
1079 서울대 의대 원장 직강 면접 대비 베리타스 온라인 설명회 베리타스컨설팅 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 22-10-27 408
1078 2023년 베리타스 서울대 & 카이스트 설명회 베리타스컨설팅 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 22-10-20 468
1077 2022/5 AP시험 완벽대비 gongmap 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 22-04-15 627
1076 2022년 4월 29일 온라인 의대 합격 전략 설명회 베리타스컨설팅 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 22-04-14 578
1075 [폴아카데미] 22.04.14 Who got in and Why… 폴아카데미 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 홈페이지 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 22-04-12 517
1074 2022년 4월 9일 오후 2시 재외국민전형 특례 한국 학교 설… 베리타스컨설팅 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 22-04-05 737
1073 2022년 4월 16일 오후 2시 SAT/TOEFL 여름 특강 … 베리타스컨설팅 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 22-04-05 565
1072 MOST Academy 여름특강 안내 업데이트 첨부파일 모스트아카데미 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 홈페이지 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 22-03-11 670
1071 SNS 공유만 해도 아이패드를 준다고? gongmap 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 22-03-11 610
1070 베리타스 컨설팅 SAT 여름 특강 개설 안내(얼리버드 할인 30… 첨부파일 베리타스컨설팅 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 22-03-10 596
1069 베리타스 컨설팅 TOEFL 여름 특강 개설 안내(얼리버드 할인 … 첨부파일 베리타스컨설팅 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 22-03-10 614
1068 2023 베리타스 메디 의대 합격 전략 설명회 첨부파일 베리타스컨설팅 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 22-03-08 633
1067 3월 17일 오후 7시(한국 시간) 특례 2023 전기 합격 전… 첨부파일 베리타스컨설팅 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 22-03-08 554
1066 해외 입시 매칭플랫폼 공맵 리뉴얼 "각종 포털/SNS 공유 이… gongmap 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 22-03-04 585
1065 베리타스 특례 정보방에 초대합니다! 베리타스컨설팅 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 22-02-17 708
1064 MOST Academy 2022 여름특강 얼리버드 등록기간 및 … 모스트아카데미 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 홈페이지 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 22-02-14 746
1063 베리타스 메디 의대 합격 전략 설명회 첨부파일 베리타스컨설팅 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 22-02-05 699
1062 American English Teacher 5150 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 22-01-25 670
1061 베리타스 컨설팅을 소개합니다! 첨부파일 베리타스컨설팅 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 22-01-17 693
1060 강남 폴아카데미 폴컨설팅 웨비나 & 시험직전 SAT/AP/IB … 폴아카데미 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 홈페이지 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 22-01-17 641
게시물 검색

인도웹은 광고매체이며 광고 당사자가 아닙니다. 인도웹은 공공성 훼손내용을 제외하고 광고정보에 대한 책임을 지지않습니다.
Copyright ⓒ 2006.7.4 - 2024 Powered By IndoWeb.Org. All rights reserved. Email: ad@indoweb.org